TGIF…we say it every Friday, but thankfulness should be more than just a declaration of escape from the grind of the work week. Thankfulness should bubble up from a deep conviction of who God is in our lives.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to the Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations” Psalm 100:4-5.
Here’s my TIGF list:
1. I will spend the evening with my favorite human–my husband.
2. My favorite pet–Percy the Basset–makes my heart smile with just one glance at his goofiness.
3. I have friends who speak truth to me.
4. I see God at work in the lives of my friends…I see His goodness, faithfulness, and love mightily at work.
5. I woke up today and my migraine is gone…at last, after 4 days.
6. The tool of my trade is the Bible. The Bible–the holy script of God!
7. I work with a group of women who take God at His Word and press in to be all they can be in Christ for the sake of His Church and His glory.
8. My children are not in the hospital, a jail, or rehab…when you have teenagers, you’re thankful for such things. (Since I’m listening to Lindsay Lohan’s mom talk on NBC’s Today…I’m aware what could be our reality. Although, I HOPE I would not have the level of profound denial this mom is displaying. No wonder the girl is messed up!)
9. I have a husband who keeps encouraging me to be all I can be and backs up his commitment to me with selfless sacrifice that will allow me to start my MDiv this fall.
10. God is not finished with me yet. On the authority of His Word, I know that He has authored my faith and He will perfect it.
For what are you thankful? Not sure? Remind yourself with a reading of Psalm 147.