\thaŋ(k)s-ˈgi-viŋ also ˈthaŋ(k)s-ˌ\
Definition of THANKSGIVING
1: the act of giving thanks
2: a prayer expressing gratitude
Today I am giving thanks for:
1. Lunch with a friend yesterday that was a breath of life.
2. For class last night. I love that there is a whole room full of people who enjoy thinking deeply about God, are willing to be vulnerable by sharing their thoughts with others, and who are earnestly seeking to let those thoughts change them.
3. That, for at least the next two weeks, my nephew is not in Afghanistan.
4. That my two boys are looking forward to spending time with their grandmother this weekend and they are being intentional about how they might bless her.
5. That God is still on the throne…even after the election. Some men trust in chariots (or political parties), but my hope is in the Lord.
Are you thankful? How will you express it today?